Kolab server 10.2

Guest lucy

Hi,

I installed Mandriva 10.2 (2005 Limited Edition) on a server and used rpm manager to install the Kolab rpm included on the DVD.

If i try to open https://localhost/kolab/admin/ i see the page

but with a lot of errors :

{

Warning: main(session_vars.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'session_vars.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/share/pear/') in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9

Warning: ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 106

uid2group: could not bind anonymously

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php:9) in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 17

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php:9) in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 18

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php:9) in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 19

Warning: ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 106

uid2group: could not bind anonymously

Warning: ldap_bind(): Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 79

uid2dn: could not bind anonymously

}

Trying to log in to cyrus IMAP gave problems to authenticate.

So i upgraded all RPMS to the latest version using the Mandrake Update thingy (after configuring the new download location since they changed location on the local FTP mirror site)

Now i am able to test IMAP (imtest -m login -p imap localhost)

and log into it using cyradm localhost , password doesn't get rejected anymore like before the update.

I think i made 2 users as well using cm user1 and cm user2

Then i logged on as root and set their passwords saslpasswd2 user1, saslpasswd2 user2....

Kolab admin webpage still producing the same errors though

So i started looking into the LDAP...

I edited slapd.conf and added a company name,country,...

from webmin i can access LDAP and do stuff so i reckon that is running as well. But i still see the same errors.

Now i don't now what else to try , anybody seen that bunch of errors before or is it just me again ?

Thanks, Lucy.

lets start with the first error

Warning: main(session_vars.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'session_vars.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/share/pear/') in /var/www/html/kolab/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9

looking for "session_vars.php" to be here : /usr/lib/php/:/usr/share/pear/'

there is a "session_vars.php.template: file that needs your ldap info entered and a " save as " session_vars.php . save into one of the file folders listed or include the folder you want to use in the include path .

Thanks for replying

I removed kolab 1 rpm

tried to compile kolab 2 from sources

but that went wrong on the amd64

cause some packages got compiled for the wrong platform.

So I installed mandriva on a athlon XP 3000 box

compiled the sources there, and it works there

i m trying to transfer this built to the server now.

Edited by lucy

i just got kolab set up on a lapper with 2006 . it was painless .

take a look at webcollab and dotproject.

Yeah,

install was painless 2 on an athlon xp3200 n mandriva LE 2005 as well.

But not on the server with the AMD64 3500+ running LE 2005

I installed the 32 bit version of mandriva LE 2005

and during kolab2 compilation i get the following error in tmp/kolab-gmp*.log :

/kolab/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -DOPERATION_mul_fft -O2 -pipe -c mul_fft.c -o mul_fft.o

mul_fft.c: In function `mpn_fft_mul_2exp_modF':

mul_fft.c:168: error: parse error before "LSYM_PREFIX"

what the 2006 is concerned , it won't install on the serial ata discs

either it hangs while loading the nvidia kc804 serial ata drivers when i let the boot.iso cd boot without options , or when i boot with linux noapic (what i had to do to install the le2005 on it) it doesn't detect any of the sata discs.

Edited by lucy

i love mandriva linux and it's bleeding edge attitude but for everything you gain you lose something .

i would use 10.1 or another distro for a server .

i do not have enough confidence in 10.2+ yet and plus i see some strange quirks on 10.2 . 2006 is cool but they are going after the desktop market more ...which again means for everything you gain (desktop) you lose (servers)

i don't recall what md versions have sata issues but i have seen complaints .

i "rolled out" dotproject this week , users are happy so far.

when looking at kolab i don't see anything that dotproject doesn't have ...on the surface anyway. in fact it looks like dotproject has more features .. gantt, IT tickets, and a message forum built in . both connect to ldap and have folder/file sharing (with version controls) , address/contacts and shoot emails for scheduling type stuff

here's an online demo

http://www.dotproject.net/demo

un=admin pw=admin

runs on linux and windows .. cost free .

completely kills the need for msproject .

ms is such swiss cheese and they get you by the short hairs .. Oh you want to connect people to this server .. oh in that case gimme more CAL's , pay for an XP license on client boxes and then gimme 2 or 300 bucks to write a letter ..THAT is BULL . it ends up being 600-700 $ worth of swiss cheese for software per seat

i was thinking last week you take an XP box without office or works on it and find a calendar that you can use . not that clock crap.. an actual calendar .

oh well end of my rant ... good luck and go break some windows