arriagga

I've downloaded the rpms of kde3.1 from texstar,

and when i try to install them it tells me:

kdelibs == 3.1-3tex its necesary for kdelibs-devel-3.1-3tex

kdelibs == 3.1-3tex its necesary for kdelibs-static-devel-3.1-3tex

but i have kde3.1-3 libs in my kde3.1 directory :(

{when i did install kde3.1 rc6 i didn'n have any problem}

can anybody help me? :idea:

Check his sight for updates to the kde rpm's. There were some problems, and texstar has updated several rpm's. I initially had some odd problems as well, but the latest set (2/6) install OK.

Guest jvslice

After installing 3.1, KDE is unusable including KDM (graphical login). I have been following the discussions on PCLinuxOnline.com. SOme of the fixes requires going to gnome. Since KDM is unusable, I am unable to select gnome. Checked gnome.org to see how to manually start. Found a note to try "switchdesk". this program does not exist on my machine.

I understand that there is a graphic login program called GDM, I lost my notes on how to replace KDM with GDM. Then I should be able to get into gnome and fix KDE.

thanks

Or you could install a program called Xtart. I believe it comes on the Mandrake cd's. After installing, type Xtart and you will get a command line menu from whic to choose a desktop.

Guest jvslice

Thank you for the information on Xtart. Xtart provides a text based listing of your different desktop managers. One note, Xtart starts X so to use it make sure that the default in /etc/inittab is set to "3", not "5" like I initially tried. Still would like to know what file I need to change to run GDM instead of KDM.