Question / Observation

tschwenke

Well, still a newbie, but I had a hard drive failing so I went ahead and put a new one in the machine and did 2006 install at the same time. Went great, but here are my tiny issues...

How can I change the grid spacing? I don't like that the icons are so far apart horizontally. I have no idea where the setting is for this.

Has anyone noticed the 'new' (well new to me) samba config gui? It looks nice but it doesn't seem to work. I tried adding users and it acts like it works, but doesn't. I went to a shell and added the users that way. Guess Swat is still the way to go since this tool doesn't seem to work. (comes up as Configure - KDE Control Module)

EDIT

I found I was running the normal Samba tool (I firmly believe) but there is another one down in the MCC. It appears to work, but it doesn't show you the top level setttings (workgroup etc)..

Guess I am really left with one question, how do I change the vertical icon spacing?

Edited by tschwenke