Firefox email links don't launch emailer? [solved]

dfgrbac

:o

I've got LE 2005 installed along with Firefox and Thunderbird. When I am in Thunderbird email and click on a web link, Firefox starts fine. When I am in Firefox and click on an email link, it does nothing!

FYI, I am using a version of Firefox that I downloaded from their site in tgz format. I am not using the rpm for Firefox. The Thunderbird is the rpm from the Mandriva site.

How do I get Thunderbird email to be triggered by Firefox links?

Ps. I have done this setup before with other Linux distributions and had no problem.

Edited by dfgrbac

If you're in KDE, go into System/Configuration/Configure Your Desktop.

One of the options near the top of the list allows you to set default email program. I forget which, Im not on my system right now :P

Another thing worth trying, had this too. Run gnome-default-application-properties and change in there too.

I know if using KDE, it's not gnome, but it did work for me once, on 10.1 when I had problems.

Yes, you must install the gnome-control-center for it work, the reason being that Firefox and Thunderbird are GTK-based, so you have to set in KDE and the gnome-control-center (which can be started without gnome :)).

:beer:

Thanks!

Installing gnome-control-center worked for setting the default emailer.

That being the case, maybe gnome should be the only WM on Mandriva. Or KDE should work as well.

I have another problem post out there about adding a printer driver from a manufacturer which fails. I think I will try the gnome-control-center on that also.

Thanks again,

Don