samsung dvd burner trouble viewing files

Guest goathunter

Guest goathunter

Hello everyone. I am using mandriva 2005 le. kernel 2.6.11-6mdk

Previously I had a master samsung cdrw and a slave sony dvd-rom. I have replaceed the samsung cdrw with a samsung TS-H552U dvdrw. sony dvd rom shows up on the desktop as CD-ROM (hdd) /mnt/cdrom2 . Samsung dvdrw show up on the desktop as CD-ROM (hdc) /mnt/cdrom .Now when the cd icon shows up on my desktop and i click them i get loading konqueror and then an error KIOExec Retrieving data from devices is not supported. This is strange because most of the time after i insert a data dvd I get nautilus file menu window open showing the content of the dvd. However i am using kde so it should be konqueror . Its has also effected my sony dvd rom which is now behaving in the same fashion. If i close nautilus i have to eject and reinsert the dvd tray to veiw my dvd again.

Also I have loaded the knoppix live cd which loads the dvd drives fine. Just like mandirva used to load them when i was using a cdrw in tandum with the dvdrom.

Also the dvdrw burnsfine no probs with k3b. Its just veiwing the files that is the problem.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Edited by goathunter