Konqueror in MDV 2005LE

Trio3b

1. Konq in MDK 10.0 pretty much configured itself and I had some right click options available to extract archive files.

Konq in MDV 2005LE does not have these options. I tried to add these to the service menu but destroyed 1 install, so am leery of doing it again.

2. Many times if I open a file with double click or right click then open, the file opens into a window, but is not 'workable' . I sometimes have to change permissions. If I right click and go down to 'open with'..... it works.

Any ideas what's up?

Thanks

I think your archived files are in Directorys and Folders that are read only from account. In other words they are under root protection.

The simplest way round is open Konsole and type in kdesu konqueror, then press enter then type in your root password and touch enter again. After a few moments konqueror will open so close Konsole since it is no longer needed. In the address window just clear it and type in / on its own and hit enter. You will now have access to nearly all root protected files so be extremely careful here. The safest is to copy the archive file you want to work with into your account and then open it using konqueror in account mode and not root mode as per the method I outlined above.

I hope this is of help.

Cheers. John.