Xine not working in 2006

Dustpuppy

I've got one of those daft cd drives with no physical audio cable. Xine in 10.1 seemed to cope with this fine, but now in 2006 it will either say there is no plugin present to handle this device, or else play the first 2 seconds of the cd and then throw up the plugin error. Xmms (with appropriate digital plugin enabled) reads the cd track info, then when I press play says there's no cd in the drive :unsure:

Not really sure what's going on here - any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest akiss007

my issue is similar:

if I try to play a file with xine it starts up, but after few seconds it freezes and all I hear is a buzzing noise. Same with mplayer too.

The same file plays just fine with xmms, though.

Xine used to work under Mandriva 10.1 and 2005LE with no problem.

I'm using an older ThinkPad 600x laptop with CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] soundcard.

Driver Module: snd-cs46xx

Unfortunately I don't get any error messages.

I've attached the verbose output for xine.

Any help is appreciated.

xine_output.txt

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest akiss007

finally I figured out the solution. I'm using a Thinkpad 600X, that had a feature that places the sound device in standby mode and Mandriva/xine is not able to wake it up.

When I've disabled the ACPI in the boot setup (mcc -> Boot -> Setup how the system boots -> Uncheck "Enable ACPI"), that fixed the problem.

Fortunately the Thinkpad has it's own power management running that turns the fan on and off, so my laptop won't overheat.

The only disadvantage, that I have noticed, that the laptop doesn't power down - I have to manually turn it off after the shutdown sequence is completed.

Posted Nov 2 2005, 07:58 AM

Posted Today, 08:11 AM
[sep 16 2007]

:blink: , That's like nearly 2 years, I am absolutely astounded, and suitably impressed.

You Sir, are an Oak, and worthy of the highest praise, I bow at your feet, and wish I had but a small part of your resolve, or whatever else it is you have. More power to you :headbang: