Monitor is "out of range" on a 1024x768 resolution

Gustavo

Solved!

Thank you all for helping me solve this trouble.

I had a "dependency hell" when I tried to install monitor-edid, so I decided to search for another solution because before installing v10.1 I was using v9.2 with a 1024x768 resolution (and I had no problem to set this resolution).

This is what I did to solve it:

1.- I ran XFdrake (as root).

2.- Went to Monitor -> Generic -> double-click on "1024x768 @ 60". Before It was selected "Plug and Play". (Here's the problem: "Plug and Play" was working fine, so I though It was the right one, but It wasn't; the right one is "1024x768 @ 60" (within "Generic").

3.- Resolution -> Select 1024x768 -> Accept.

4.- Accept.

The famous message seemed to be issued from the monitor. You can see a snap by downloading the file I attached.

:thanks: for your attention too.

Best regards.

post-12684-1128151097_thumb.jpg

I just selected it, but I got the "Out of range" message.

I guess that I have to use a 60Hz frecuency when I use the 1024x768 resolution... Anyway, I just need it for some tasks (for example, to change the BlueFish's settings because the settings window is bigger than my screen).

Thank you all for your help.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards.

I am not surprised you had dependency hell when you tried to install the src version that you downloaded. This is not a problem for a person who has experience in installing src-rpms. It seems like you just ignored my suggestion of installing the rpm version that is on your CDROM set of discs, and decided to do it the hard and uncertain way.

Your choice as always.