Problem Powering up my laptop

Guest fletch

Hi folks, i wonder if anyone could help.

Starting yesterday, I have been unable to start up my laptop, the light to show the power supply is in still comes on but when i press the power button nothing happens!!

anyone any ideas?

cheers

Welcome to the board :beer:

You could try disconnecting the power, remove the battery, then press the button to clear any power from the laptop, then put the battery back in, and plug into the power if need be and try to turn it on again.

If it still fails, then it could be a problem with the power button, or something more serious which is stopping you from being able to turn it on.

Good luck!

The ipod charges off the laptop?

It could be the power button, but it could also be the system board possibly. Partial component failure could explain why you can't turn it on, but the ipod is charging.

I've never used an ipod, but I always thought they must charge through their own power adapter.

The ipod charges off the laptop?

It could be the power button, but it could also be the system board possibly.  Partial component failure could explain why you can't turn it on, but the ipod is charging.

I've never used an ipod, but I always thought they must charge through their own power adapter.

Its an i-pod shuffle bud, that you plug into the isp, it shows that the power is still going into the laptop, it just isnt turning on!

How would i go about fixing the power button? and how much would fixing the systemboard cost?

cheers

No idea on costs for system boards. You'd need to get it checked out first, a local computer repairer or something, see if he can test and find out what the prob is, and let you know about how it can be fixed.

Also, depending on manufacturer too, for parts. And whether their case is non-standard to the type of laptops you can build yourself. This isn't something I've looked into, I tend to only build desktops :P