Unable to establish networking - W2K guest - Qemu

Guest rdebusschere

Guest rdebusschere

I successfully installed Qemu & Kqemu from source. I installed NT4 and was intitially successful in getting on the internet (NT seemed to have done the config work automatically). However, I wasn't able to access my Mandriva host.

I upgraded NT to W2K and now I can't get out on the net or access the host. I have tried the user documentation on Qemu's website; however, it hasn't helped.

I know there is most likely something I am doing wrong. I am in need of a step-by-step approach to regaining internet access and setting up networking with my Mandriva host. I don't want the guest to have unfettered access to the host; I am simply looking for a shared folder where I can dump email and attachments that I download while in the guest OS.

Any assistance that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

What exactly have you tried? Internet connection and accesing a Mandriva host are not the same things.

For internet connection try setting up the connection from windows (just like you would setup a connection on a normal windows install).

To acces the Mandriva host you need to install samba. Step by step accounts can be found here: http://www.linuxforen.de/forums/printthread.php?t=141201