Problems with local users

Hi!

My latest problem:

We develop Java software using eclipse. Windows users log in using Samba. I configured samba so that files and directories created by those users will have mode 777. This makes files used/created by samba users in the share open for all other samba users to modify.

So, no problem there.

But if one user sits locally at the samba server and edits the files, the mode gets changed according to the umask (this is true for new created files, but eclipse tends to delete files and write them from scratch when modifying...) - usually 022, which means, that other users, e.g. the samba win users can't modify the files any more.

OK, I could set the global umask of the local linux users to 000, but I don't want this for all directories, only for the samba share (/var/development)... I could have a cron job with "chmod 777 -R /var/development" every minute, but that's not very clever...

I thought about accessing the local files via a samba mount... Gonna try this, but that's not the best solution, too...

Is there a way to tell linux that all files created by user X in driectory Y should get umask 000?

Hope you can help...

Thanks.

Panic.