duplex printing always on

Guest sampan

Just moving (or trying to) from windows to linux, so I'm definitely newb. Installed Mandriva 10.2 and almost everything has been very smooth sailing. I have one issue, that seems trifling, but it is not. My printer, a Brother HL5150D installed fine, auto-detected and it works. In fact, the printing is very nice and the KDE printing interface is excellent. Unfortunately, it is stuck in duplex printing only. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, set duplex printing to 'off' in about a dozen places (KDE, MCC, OOo, aps), but the printer ALWAYS prints a multi-page document in duplex mode. This is really frustrating. For many things duplex is fine, but really, there are many times when it is simply unacceptable and I do a LOT of printing (working on my dissertation for my Ph.D. so there's a lot of writing and other documentation). I've searched a ton of boards, google, newsgroups, and the like and this seems like an almost unheard of problem. I'd really like to get it solved so I don't end up back on Windows just to print letters and other official university papers and the like (which HAVE to be one-sided).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Kevin