Marble Blast now available

DOlson

Marble Blast is now available for Linux, for US$14.95.

You can download a demo too. It uses the Loki Installer, which is nice.

If you like the demo, buy the game, and let's show Garage Games that Linux users are worth it.

Screenshot ripped from Linuxgaming.net, hehe:

marbleblast-1.jpg

AFAIK, since I didn't buy it yet, you just pay over the net and download the game. No waiting involved.

That's a good idea, IMHO, for games that are < half a CD-ROM... Anything bigger, or close, should be on CDs.

It's really nice to not have to pay shipping or wait for a nice little game like this or say, Candy Cruncher. :)

For those of us with 56K modems, downloading anything other than patches is not practical...

This game looks attractive. I don't really follow the premise though,...b

For those of us with 56K modems, downloading anything other than patches is not practical...

This game looks attractive. I don't really follow the premise though,...b

Tell that to Transgaming. The last I checked in their store, the cheap bastards didn't have an option to buy their crappy Kohan "ports" as anything other than a download. We're talking > 600MB here.

Marble Blast is probably no larger than 50MB, which IS practical. More practical than them pressing CDs just for the 20 Linux users out there.

By the way, I've downloaded Slackware Linux over 56K, as well as Mandrake 8.2, which took me what, 5 days each? It's not practical, no, but it is doable.

If Marble Blast is more than 300MB, I'll buy it for you.