What about Mandriva 2006Z(final) for x86_64 piso?

arshadmomen

Does anyone here know whether mandriva will release multiCD public iso's for Mandriva 2006 when it is released? I hope they do not offer a single CD iso like last time.

I know you might call me a cheapskate but I can't help it as I am from a developing country and the government has foreign currency restriction so I can't buy Mandriva from the store/web .......

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

IIRC, 2005LE x86-64 was available for download so I imagine 2006 would be too.

Yeah, but this guy is looking to find out how many iso's will be free. With 2005 only 1 cd was made available for free download, you have to be a club member to get the other cd's. Suppose it depends on how much of a premium Mandriva want to levvy on the 64-bit versions!

Yeah, but this guy is looking to find out how many iso's will be free.  With 2005 only 1 cd was made available for free download, you have to be a club member to get the other cd's.  Suppose it depends on how much of a premium Mandriva want to levvy on the 64-bit versions!

This is exactly the reason I posted in the first place! I am currently running Mandy 10.1 on an Athlon64 machine. I had downloaded the RC1 release iso and later updated the packages. The RC1 for 2006 are out and I would try to do the same unless Mandriva releases out 3+ CD isos!