How to automount with samba

Guest alkmie

Guest alkmie

ok i go me a new problem (yet again) :help:

as u can see from my screen shots u can see the shares using smb4k and mount manually just find

however when i reboot i lose my share even with the restore shares on exit tab check in smb4k settings

also i know u can mount using mandriva control panel but the computer i trying to mount is not showing up however it does in smb4k

so i guess its a 2 part question y isnt one of my computer in mandriva control center but still visible in smb4k?

and how to a save a mount so that it is remounted everytime i reboot

thanks in advanced

update found the smbmount command but not sure what im doing wrong how do i enter a password?

[root@127 r00t]# smbmount //Administrator@pandorasbox/music /home/r00t/smb4k/PANDORASBOX/MUSIC
20484: Connection to Administrator@pandorasbox failed
SMB connection failed
[root@127 r00t]#

:screwy:

ok i got this in fstab

mount -t smbfs -o username=tridge,password=foobar //fjall/test/data/test

(note it works from console this is just the example)

but it does not excute on start is there anywhere i can add a command at start up kinda like batch file in the startup folder like in windows :tm: (dont wanna get sued hehe)

smb4k at the end of .bashrc

:drum:

post-12105-1125439201_thumb.jpg

post-12105-1125439214_thumb.jpg

Edited by alkmie

If you have a command that works, try putting it at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local. That's the last init script to run and it runs with root privilege. Your network should be fully up at the time rc.local executes so there shouldn't be any problems. I tend to use it a lot, problably too much :lol: , for these quick types of hacks.