konqueror shows usage in partition, not [solved]

kristi

I noticed with 2006.0.2 that my partition usage was up to 4.something GB. Now, early on in 2006.0.3 it's at 3.8GB But the way konqueror works it gives me the same amount of space used and free (the information for the whole partition) regardless of which folder I click on, so I can't find which folder has all that stuff! I think this was true in 2005LE, so I didn't post this as installing beta. Any way to find out just where all the stuff is?

tia!

Kristi

EDIT: scratch that. Yes it does.

Edited by kristi

Hello Kristi.

A very useful and practical tool for "at a glance" info about directory and folder and file sizes, especially in size related to one another is .... filelight-1,2.

I think it is Contributors (but could be in Main). I found it to be extremely useful when I had a situation where I got partial freezes and found that / had no free space and I felt it should have had about 1Gb free space. Using filelight I found nearly 1Gb of thumbnails in the /.thumbnails so was able to get rid of them and take the necessary action to make sure they did not accumulate again in the future.

I can thoroughly recommend it. I often wonder why it is not a default install since it is so darned useful.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

Wow!!!

That's quite the program!!!!!

Thanks John!

Kristi

EDIT: cooker has version 1.06beta which gives an abterm KDE message when you close it. However I found 0.6.4 up on the web (methylblue) and that works just fine!

Thanks!!!

Edited by kristi

A very useful and practical tool for "at a glance" info about directory and folder and file sizes, especially in size related to one another is ....    filelight-1,2.

Here's another thank you, John, for that great tip on filelight.

Just installed it, and it is nice! First thing I'm gonna do is poke around in /var with it.