Dual Head Graphics Card

sellis

There have been some discussions about this in the past, but not quite covering what I want to find out.

Here's my setup. I wish to have two VGA flat panel monitors (once I find a way to stop my wife from finding out I'm spending money again...), and I therefore need to upgrade my graphics card from the rather poorly-supported SiS 315 that I have now.

I'm not a hard-core gamer, but I'd like at least some 3D acceleration. I get the impression than nVidia is the way to go under Linux, rather than ATI. I'm not upgrading my mobo, so it'll be an AGP card rather than, say, PCI-Express. I'd like it to be physically small, so that I can transplant it into a SFF system at some unspecified point in the future. Fanless is good, too.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough of a wishlist, I'm looking for cheap. £30 ($50) is about my limit at the moment. I've seen a couple of no-name cards that claim to support 2 monitors (e.g. the Club 3D GeForce FX5200 http://www.udiggit.com/udiggit/productDeta...duct/2_MzQ1NQ==) but the specs aren't exactly clear whether the 2-monitor support is VGA+DVI or VGA+TVOut as opposed to VGA+VGA.

So, does anyone have any recommendations, or things to steer clear of? Ideally, does anyone else have a setup like this, and if so, what are you using?