Thomson Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem (silver one)

Guest mike_mobi

Guest mike_mobi

Hi there

I've got broadband (6 meg)and have just installed Mandrake linux10.1. I need help in getting my Thomas Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem(the sliver one) to connect to the internet. Looking in Harddrake, i noticed that mandrake recognised the modem(well it was left in there as i was installing linux).

I'll be gratefull for any help offered.

Mike

[moved from Tips & Tricks by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

The good news is that I also use a Speedtouch modem; the bad news is that I'm still on Mandrake 10.0. :)

If you bought a 10.1 pack, have you tried to set up an internet connection via the Mandrake Control Centre?

If you downloaded the distro, things are more complicated. There are some instructions at www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/mandrake, which you could try. lets-eat-gary wrote a howto for 10.0, which apparently also worked for 10.1 CE: you may get some hints from his thread in Tips & Tricks.

I don't recall seeing any Speedtouch problems with Limited Edition 2005, so hopefully this will be the last time you'll have to worry about it. :unsure: