Watching the Go-Open Show

Jza

This question might be hard to answer, well I will try my best. I download the series of shows from Go-Opensource (www.go-opensource.org/). I got them all via bittorrent but when I wanted to watch them on mplayer I could just get the video but no audio. They seem to be rendered for quicktime or something.

The videos are mp4 (MPEG-4 Video)

The audio (which is the one I DONT get) is: 22500 Hz MPEG-4 Audio

I currently have mplayer and also have some codecs like xdiv and quicktimelinux rpms.

Any ideas?

I also have my mplayer with support for theora.

I did, I think the only packages I dont have is the xdiv-devel packages from plf. But my question is more like which packages should make it work. They seem to be quicktime files (in windows) but on linux the codec is simply not clear.

I get to run the video but there is no audio.

I think I got the right codec it just dont fully support it. Maybe is the audio Mhz or configuration file. I wrote them a note on their site, but never got a response.

I saw the guys from GOS yesterday and mentioned it to them, they said they would look into it.

I also have an official Go Open DVD with all the episodes on it, if you really want it, we can make a plan; I can get a second copy for myself.

Thanks man, mail post is extremely unreliable but I'll move soon to the UK then we can make the arrangements. Thanks for everything. :)

I can paypal you btw.

I have friends going to the UK all the time, I'll just get one of them to drop it in the post, that way postage will be next to nothing. So don't worry about payment, just enjoy the DVD ;) The Go Open Source campaign is something close to my heart and part of my job - it's great to see the movement getting some attention internationally and I support it anyway I can.

I also have a Go Open Source pen! Anyone? :P