Don't know how to install

payasam

In 10.1 OE, I currently use MailWasher 1.1.1, which came as an RPM package. It does not behave as it should with Netscape web mail (it is fine in Windows). Nor did the earlier 1.1.0, which came as an RPM.TAR.GZ. I have just downloaded 1.1.2 but am unable to install it. Its name ends with PKG.SIT.BIN. Help appreciated.

Thanks, Devries. I tried "chmod a+x <filename>" earlier, which I had found on another site. Didn't work.

The Firetrust people sent me a link to the file I named, not to an RPM. Maybe I should search.

No go, Devries. I get the same messages with "chmod 777" as I'd got with

"chmod a+x":

"StuffIt command not found"

"<junk characters> command not found"

"Syntax error near unexpected toke"

I've tried as root and otherwise. I've tried with the earlier version still installed and after removing it. Makes no diffference.

Cannot find the 1.1.2 RPM on the Firetrust web site.

I will blame the site, Devries. It speaks only of 1.1, nowhere of 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 or 1.1.2. I wonder, though, whom or what I should blame for the fact that the link you sent me turned out to be a 404.

I shouldn't think, Arctic, that I accidentally or mistakenly downloaded a Mac version: I had clicked on the link which Firetrust sent me, and I had told them clearly enough that I used MDK 10.1 OE.

However, all may now be well. Today a different person from Firetrust support sent me a link to a MDK RPM, which I have downloaded but not yet installed.