Need help in kde 3.1

Guest c_m_f

right then, where to start,

I had the basic kde 3.1 working fine, still is, and as i was exploring around the new features i was compiling the kdenetwork package so i could use kppp!

during the make i accidentally closed it, so i thought, ill just start again, only 45 mins lost, so i deleted the folder (forgot make clean, if it was even needed)

i then re-extracted it to its place and then did a make clean, remembered so i thought might as well!

then it configured fine now but during make this happens

.libs/arkutils.o: In function `ArkUtils::getTimeStamp(QString const&, QString const&, QString const&)':

.libs/arkutils.o(.text+0x23): undefined reference to `QString::ascii() const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `QFrame::styleChange(QStyle&)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QWidget::isFullScreen() const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QKeySequence::isEmpty() const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QIconSet::installIconFactory(QIconFactory*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QString::replace(QChar, QChar)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QGArray::resize(unsigned, QGArray::Optimization)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QDockWindow::drawContents(QPainter*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `QGList::replaceAt(unsigned, void*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QPopupMenu::enabledChange(bool)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QIconFactory::~QIconFactory [not-in-charge]()'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QKeySequence::operator[](unsigned) const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for QIconFactory'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QClipboard::setData(QMimeSource*, QClipboard::Mode)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `QString::prepend(char const*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QTextEdit::polish()'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `QComboBox::focusOutEvent(QFocusEvent*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `QString::replace(QChar, QString const&)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QKeySequence::QKeySequence[in-charge](int, int, int, int)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QKeySequence::count() const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QClipboard::data(QClipboard::Mode) const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QIconFactory::QIconFactory[not-in-charge]()'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QComboBox::wheelEvent(QWheelEvent*)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QMenuData::removeItem(int)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QClipboard::text(QClipboard::Mode) const'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to `QTextEdit::insert(QString const&, unsigned)'

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdecore.so: undefined reference to `QApplication::session_key'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[3]: *** [libarkpart.la.closure] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/kdeutils-3.1/ark'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/kdeutils-3.1/ark'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/kdeutils-3.1'

make: *** [all] Error 2

this is justthe end of the make file output, but there isnt much above it.

I noticed its complaining about some libs? so that mean i'll have to re compile all as the libs are after the atrs or could i just compile to a diff folder and over right the the defects (if they are)?

btw i wasnt root when i did teh original make (as far as i can remember) so i dont see how the files are corrupt, so any help would be the best as ive just spent about a day compiling it all!

i don't know if this'll work, but try re-extracting the source again and then build without doing make clean first (since you'll be using fresh source files)

nope doesnt work either, looks like another recompile for it all :( so thats hours until kde is back

and gnome is so crap (my opinion, maybe ive just been kde'd)