KDE Menu disappears..

Guest aciDHead

Guest aciDHead

Hi everyone,

everytime i update my mandrake 9 with the integrated update funktion, my whole 'self-organised' kde menu is sorted like right after install. so when i customize my menu, its only till the next update, which resets the whole menu.

can anyone tell me what to do against this effect ??

pls

help

Hi everyone,

everytime i update my mandrake 9 with the integrated update funktion, my whole 'self-organised' kde menu is sorted like right after install. so when i customize my menu, its only till the next update, which resets the whole menu.

can anyone tell me what to do against this effect ??

pls

help

I don't understand what you're trying to say. You menu is fine until you use the update function in the mandrake 9.0 install? If so, the most obvious solution would be stop updating I'm sure you're problems can be fixed without updating everytime something goes wrong. Or is the update you refer to using mandrake rpmdrake tool?

Guest aciDHead

Hi again,

after i use the update funktion in mandrake 9.0 the kde menu is always in the default order.

i can sort it mit kmenuedit, and it remains many boot times, but after the next update the whole menu will be set to default.

There must be way to disable this.. pls help me..

simply saying make no updates is not really a way.. in my opinion.

so for what is kmenuedit ??

greetings

stefan

If First Install CD, why do you need to keep updating?

I think that what bvc and I are both trying to get at is that you shouldn't need to be updating so often so whatever problems you're having that causes you to update maybe we can solve. As for the menu there is AFAIK no "fix" for this. You see it's not a bug, it's a feature. Having said that I'm sure there's a way to backup your menu config and then overwrite the default mandrake menu after you update (if you insist on doing so). I don't know how this would be done because:

a) I don't know much about the mandrake menu system and

B) I don't know if you want to save the kmenuedit menu config or the mandrake menu config.

Something that may help you however is the fact that all (most?) kde applications store their configuration in the .kde/share/config directory in your home directory. Maybe fiddadling around with that will help you.

Thanks!!!! I was wondering why I kept having to change/fix my wifes kde menus. I wonder who's bright idea that was? :roll:

It is a pretty bright idea. You're menu wouldn't be updated with new packages otherwise unless you add them by hand, which is a pain, then mandrakes menus wouldn't be better than the default kde ones.