Creative Vista Plus Webcam

Guest dysxhi

Guest dysxhi

Hi All,

This is my first vist to this site and I find this site as useful as Mandrivaclub for MandrivaLinux users.

I have installed a Creative VistaPlus Webcam on My Home PC having LE2005 Powerpack for i586 up-to-date with latest cooker. The hardrake is sensing this correctly with the name but with module as "unknown".

Please guide me which driver/module and how) I should install to make use my webcam on Mandriva Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dhananjaya

Hello Dhananjaya,

if I understand your question correctly you could try a 'modprobe ovcamchip' and see if that works. Should it do so you can add the line to your /etc/modprobe.preload. This is the only way I could get my Creative webcam to work in LE2005. Your will still get errors listed in the log files but the camera may work. It's not a fix, rather a work around. Hope that helps

Guest dysxhi
                    if I understand your question correctly you could try a 'modprobe ovcamchip' and see if that works.

I tried but it is not working. I have read somewhere else that Creative Vista /VistaPlus is Win-Only webcam. I am planning to change it with "Logitech QuickCam Express" which is shown as Compatible with MandrivaLinux.

Shall I go far for it?

Regards

Dhananjaya