Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not found

I'm trying to compile Superkaramba from source as I can't find an rpm for x86_64, however, after typing ./configure, after a while, I get:

Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt) not found

Now, I have installed (uninstalled and installed again) all the qt packages that make sense (screenshot below), but I still can't get it to configure past checking for Qt.

qt-packages.png

$ whereis qt gives me: /usr/share/man/man3/qt.3qt.bz2

$ qt gives me: bash: qt: command not found

Anybody able to help?

have you tried updating everything using urpmi then running "urpmi qt" ? That maybe something to try. And you say you needed one for the 64 bit architecture? Some of then lib qt seem to be 64 ones? Maybe try installing the devel package. I ent too sure, just thought I'd give you a couple of ideas :)

To search a file: open a console and login as root and type: updatedb. That creates a database with every file on your system. To find a file (as normal user) type: locate <name of file>

locate qt-mt

/usr/lib/pkgconfig/qt-mt.pc

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/pkgconfig/qt-mt.pc

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.la

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.prl

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.4

/usr/lib/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so

You should get to see something like this when you do that. My guess (and Googles :) ) would be that one of these is missing. The solution is to create the missing one. You do that with the ln (link) command. That will create a link to the library (as you can see when you hover your mouse over the files that only libqt-mt.so.3.3.4 is a real file and all the other ones are links.)

So if lets say ibqt-mt.so.3.3 is missing on your system you would type(as root): ln -s libqt-mt.so.3.3.4 libqt-mt.so.3.3 and the link gets created.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the replies!

I messed about with about every combination of package installaions I could manage, but it still wouldn't work!

I reinstalled over '/' with i586 rather than x86_64 and it worked - well it overcame the original problem I had at least (still wouldn't compile completely, but that's a story for another day!).

Phew, this learning curve is steep :D

Even so, in the past few days I've gone from being a complete Linux newbie, to having a sweet looking KDE system with faster stats than I ever had before, and I've helped a friend get Mandriva running too!