Probably very obvious... [solved]

Ross L.

It's been a long time since I last touched Mandriva (9.0 to eb exact) and recently, I decided I would use it again. However, after downloading the ISO's and attempting to make some CD's that would be bootable, I only succeeded in wasting 2 CDs. If it helps I am trying to burn 10.1 onto 700MB CD-R's using Nero Express. Any tips? I tried looking through the FAQ section and all the links to other sites that might ahve been useful were dead. At any rate, I would appreciate it a lot if someone would get back to me soon, as this is a present for a friend. Thanks again!

First thing: Mandriva 2005 LE is the latest download version of Mandrake/Mandriva - due to improvements especially (but not only) on the USB storage front, I'd really recommend to get that, instead of 10.1.

Second, to burn an iso image, you should use that option in your burning application; it may go by any name that hints at the same thing, such as:

burn image, burn cd iso, burn ...

Well, you get the idea...

If you managed to find this option and it didn't work, explain what you did more in detail.

Last thing: scarecrow, I don't see how your comment might be helpful - there are other parts for chitchatting and talking nonsense...

Last thing: scarecrow, I don't see how your comment might be helpful - there are other parts for chitchatting and talking nonsense...

People that use "Nero Express" (an pitiful windows application) do it mainly because their OEM drive came bundled with some sort of of it. But since the UI is utterly stupid, they hardly get that for burning an ISO you must pick "burn image" from the analogous menu and not drag/drop the file to the UI window.

BTW I would really love to chat nonsense, if you give me a second chance...

First thing: Mandriva 2005 LE is the latest download version of Mandrake/Mandriva - due to improvements especially (but not only) on the USB storage front, I'd really recommend to get that, instead of 10.1.

Second, to burn an iso image, you should use that option in your burning application; it may go by any name that hints at the same thing, such as:

burn image, burn cd iso, burn ...

Well, you get the idea...

If you managed to find this option and it didn't work, explain what you did more in detail.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :D Now I am having a different issue. Everytime I go to install Linux on this PC, it gives me an I/O error and I am quite unsure why. :S

*EDIT* And I just checked and I am trying to install LE 2005, not 10.1. My mistake. ><

Ahhh. I fixed it. The I/O Error was being caused by a bad CD-RW drive, and after that, it installed perfectly. In fact I could be posting from the Linux pc if I wasn't being lazy, and being sleep deprived from playing Battle for Wesnoth all night. >< Darn game! Why must it be so addicting?!!