How to compile drivers, can't find the new mdk DVD

Guest Kenshinsama

Guest Kenshinsama

O I have two final questions before I actually install Mandrake Linux. one I seriouesly would liek someone to either show me or point me in the right direction and show me how to compile a file. I couldnt figure it out on one of my live Cds. (Slax was very good though and I was really comfy with it) After testing a few live cds I dont have much to worry about in terms of hardware. most of my hardware worked right out of the box. even my network drivers. but I noticed I still needed to do something about my ati drivers and I went to go download them for linux. and ure enough I got stummped. Id totally forgotten you had to compile some files and make them work. so if anyone can help me with that itd be greatly appreciated.

last but not least...honestly...where do you download the mandrake DVD iso. the latest version. I can find it anywhere. and sites where I did find it cost money. can anyone help? thanks and have a nice day!

Compiling: you don't need to compile the Ati drivers (in fact you can't even comipile them: they're binary only :) ). Look in the tips and trick forum how to install the Ati drivers.

Howto: download the source, untar the file (rightclick on it and choose 'extract here'), open a console, cd /home/your name/<untarred folder>, type: ./configure, type: make, log in as root and type: make install. To uninstall: as root, type make uninstall. If you get errors porst them here:).

DVD: there is no free Mandriva DVD. You'll have to use the cd ISOs