Getting Speedtouch to work with Fedora Core 4

Guest toxictears

Guest toxictears

Hello all! Its my turn to ask for some help :(. So far, everything is going well! I have got to the part where you have to enter all your details and stuff and that goes all fine, but when I type in 'Y' to say that my details are correct I get an error saying something like "Software build - FAILED" then it tells me to check speedtouch.make.txt, in their it has this....

cd src && make

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/speedtouch/speedtouchconf-2.0-beta2_16-May-2005/speedtouch-1.3.1-sgp/src'

gcc -Wall -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -O2 -DUSE_SYSLOG -DVERSION="\"1.3.1\"" -c modem_run.c

modem_run.c:94: error: static declaration of ‘verbose’ follows non-static declaration

modem.h:42: error: previous declaration of ‘verbose’ was here

modem_run.c: In function ‘get_reference’:

modem_run.c:788: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 6 of ‘pusb_control_msg’ differ in signedness

modem_run.c: In function ‘report’:

modem_run.c:1222: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘dump’ differ in signedness

modem_run.c: In function ‘dump’:

modem_run.c:1283: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘sprintf’ differ in signedness

modem_run.c:1292: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘sprintf’ differ in signedness

modem_run.c:1301: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘sprintf’ differ in signedness

make[1]: *** [modem_run.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/speedtouch/speedtouchconf-2.0-beta2_16-May-2005/speedtouch-1.3.1-sgp/src'

make: *** [modem] Error 2

Any ideas as to whats up with it? I have the new speedtouchconf 2.0 beta2 thingyand I have tried to # the lines that LetsEatGrey was talking about, but 2 of the lines wernt in the speedtouchconf.sh file, so I hashed the ones that I assumed he means. Can anyone help?

PS. Im using Fedora 4, if that makes a difference? and if I can get the modem working, ill post it up on the board as an approved distro.

check these posts:

http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/fedora/

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showth...ight=speedtouch

i hope they can help you a little bit. but for most fedora stuff it is best to take a look at http://www.fedoraforum.org or ask cybrjackle, our fedora/redhat guru. ;)