knotes problem

lawsonrc

I cannot get knotes to work in Mandriva2005LE on both my laptop and my desktop computer.

When I do the run command: knotes, I get an error message which states:

"KDEInit could not launch 'kontact_knotes.sh' ".

As a result, Kontakt has already opened up, which I don't want it to do.

I just want "simple ole" knotes to open, like other sticky notes program (Post-It Notes in WindowsXP, and the notes in Gnome, for example).

How do I correct the error message and get knotes to work independently of Kontakt, so that it sits in the system tray, and I can single-click on it to start a new note, as well as right-click on it for more options. :unsure:

All help is greatly appreciated! :D

Richard B)

• 4 months later...

I know I requested this in July, but I finally tried devries' input.

I went all the way to apps, but there wasn't a config directory. There was, however, a knotes directory. I opened it and moved all those files to trash.

I then tried to open knotes from the icon on the panel and still got the error message and an open window of Notes-Kontakt. In other words, Kontakt opens up instead of the little yellow blank note.

When I opened knotes from the mandriva start menu, Kontakt opened up again (this time without the error message).

This is a quirk only in Mandrake and Mandriva since 10.1 up to and including 2006. (Knotes automatically works just fine in my other distros.)

I want to thank devries very much for taking the time to help me.

Any further help is greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Richard L.