fstab file

remarque

Hi

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but i haven't found a single post where the fstab command for USB flash would be described.

I have a 256 MB jetram and i would like to manage it from kwikdisk - however this fstab configurartion (I found it in another topic) doesn't work fine - Once stable kde begins to hang up, other devices become unreadable etc etc.

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details

/dev/hda6 / ext3 defaults 1 1

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,exec,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,users 0 0

none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,ro,--,umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,users 0 0

none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,umask=0,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850 0 0

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows ntfs umask=0,nls=iso8859-1,iocharset=utf8,ro 0 0

none /proc proc defaults 0 0

/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0

I'm running mandrake 10.1, without updates so far. I read that there are some bugfixes but i can't download them because my internet connection is bad.

Read my post here:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtop...22&hl=konqueror

re fixing konqueror in mdk10.1. That might help but the problem was later corrected by an update. The problem is particularly bad when you plug in a usb storage device and my workaround fixed it until the update came out.

If that fixes things, post back and we can try and get a working fstab entry for your flash drive.

thanks, so much about this annoyance, i solved it. But what about the fstab file, in fact it was that file which was causing trouble in the first place, the kde bug came as a consequence..

I forgot to write that before but i had a perfectly working fstab on my first instillation (friend's contribution :)) but in got lost after the reinstallation.

Regards

P.S. how to find really relevant updates in bugfixes for kde, if i don't want to download some 130 MB :D of all the updates ?