Testers Needed: Archie LiveCD HD Install

Hey all,

This is a call for testers to help me test the new HD install for the next Archie LiveCD.

If you are interested in helping test out the Archie LiveCD's new HD install, and in the process getting an awesome Arch Linux installation on your computer, please private message me.

Due to limited bandwidth, I can only allow so many people access to the ISO, hence the requirement of a private message. If I get a deluge of requets, I may not be able to offer it to all, unless circumstances change and someone decides to offer to mirror the ISO.

In the private message, include, some details of your hardware, sound, graphics, network setup, install target, and I will give you a link to the ISO when it is prepared. If you have MSN, or any other form of Instant messaging, It would be of great assistance, debugging any possible bugs over IM would be preferable to a forum or email.

You should also be able to catch me on fridays evenings (Australian Eastern Standard Time) and weekends at the MandrakeUsers.org IRC channel, #musb.

Use of the hdinstall requires some knowlege of editing your fstab, and configuring a bootloader, if either of these tasks seem overly daunting, testing the hdinstall is not recommended.

I will get the install uploaded sometime over the next two weeks.

Thankyou, all help is greatly appreciated.

James Rayner (aka iphitus)

ps: :beer::beer: for all who apply :cheeky: and a mention somewhere in the install, maybe a soon to be added about dialog.

Edited by iphitus

looks like nobody wants to test.......... thats fine.............................

i asked to test via PM and you are the third person on this board i have tried to contact either by email or PM .. with zero results

i guess the thing just doesn't work .

please email me details @ ddmcse@gmail.com

oh..... well, ok all who PM'ed me, if any did, could you please PM me again?

the PM system was broken and the administrators of this wonderful board were more than happy enough to inform us of the breakage and fix of this 'useful' facility.

Edited by iphitus

I can't get Arch to work on my computer because for some reason my keyboard doesn't work as soon as i push enter to boot. So i would like to try Archie and maybe it will work better with the keyboard. Plus i'm always bored! Need something to do, testing distros is fun aslong as it doesn't corrupt my HD like a certain distro did. -_-

Edited by Lowe

oh..... well, ok all who PM'ed me, if any did, could you please PM me again?

the PM system was broken and the administrators of this wonderful board were more than happy enough to inform us of the breakage and fix of this 'useful' facility.

Couple of posts started from June 9, that you may have missed relating to the PM issue:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=26053 (started June 9)

and

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=26199 (started June 14)

Glad it's all back up and running. :P