pre-install combine CDs to DVD? [solved]

kristi

I am downloading the 6 CDs on the club 2005+KDE3.4 or something like that - I've seen suggestions posted that are for readhat, but does anyone have a procedure that will read the 6isos sitting on my HD and combine them to a DVD. Or am I in lala land? :dance:

tia

Kristi

You can download a script (called mkdvdiso.sh) that will combine the CD iso files into a DVD iso. I can't remember where I downloaded it, but I have combined the CD images and installed from the resulting DVD.

The script contains instructions for use, however you do need lots of hard drive space for the process to succeed - possibly up to 3 times the free space that the CD iso files take up.

Thanks, that did the trick just fine, though I chocked my system on the first try. Then I changed "tmp" to "work2" a 30gb partition, but it still nearly choked - it interprets

${DVD:=~/mkrhdvd}

as /root/mkrhdvd and pours a couple of gig in there - just barely made it by. But now I know what to change for the next try!!!!!! And the DVD worked like a champ. Not so sure about 2005A yet - kate seems to go missing from KDE now and then. - but then, what do you want for a glorified beta!!! and surprised it was out this early.

Thanks again!!!

Kristi