question on removing xpdf

eroica

hello,

just downloaded and installed acrobat 7.0 and want to remove xpdf and kghostview to free up some room on harddisk. Unfortunately when i go to remove the xpdf package in Control Center it says that kdegraphics package must also be removed. I want to keep programs like Ksnapshot. Is there a way 2 remove Xpdf while keeping kdegraphics package. i am using MDK 9.1 w/kde 3.1

thanx,

alan

Not had this prob with 10.1 OE, but you could remove XPDF, and then reinstall the kdegraphics stuff afterwards?!? (maybe)?

I know on 10.1 it's not part of kdegraphics, but if it is with 9.1, then you'd probably have to install the components separately. What I mean is, that there will be a kdegraphics package, which installs all the others within it. If xpdf/kpdf is one of them, then you can go into the Install Software, and then just select kdegraphics-ksnapshot, and all related, rather than the generic kdegraphics.

Hope that helps!

unfortunately i did remove both not realizing what the kdegraphics package contained. when i reinstalled kdegraphics i again was told had to reinstall xpdf package. i was wondering ifthere was any command line , perhaps w -no depends option that would allow me to remove xpdf package or is there a way from command line to specify just ksnapshot from kdegraphics package to install?..

alan