kaffeine (again!) [solved]

solarian

Hi!

I have one more Kaffeine problem (just after fixing the last)!

0.6 version

Every time when I quit it after opening a video, it still remains as a process (I see it through $top, besides it takes 97% of my cpu).

Every time I terminate it through $killall

Of course, a solution would be to use another player (I like mplayer), but still I'd like to know if there is some fix for this problem, because Kaffeine all in all is a nice player.

Any input on this?

thanx!

Solarian,

I'm just downloading 0.6 now to see if I can replicate the problem that you're experiencing. I'm gonna try it on 10.1 OE and also on LE2005, and I'll update you shortly.....

I've just installed kaffeine on 10.1 OE without any problems, and it works OK, and cleanly closes down too, without leaving anything in memory. I downloaded from their website http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net I think it was (since it's not in my urpmi repository). It did require that I install a load of dependencies, which seemed to be development libraries mostly.

I also used this same download for the install on my LE2005 system, since it was an upgrade from 10.0 OE - 10.1 OE - LE2005 (long story why the 10.1, sound probs), rather than use the urpmi repository to install it. Again, there were those development dependencies to install.

Anyway, I found that after installing and testing it, it all seemed to work perfectly fine.

What I have noticed is the urpmi repository on LE2005 has 0.6-1, and the download I have is 0.6-2.

I'm not sure whether you're running the LE2005 0.6-1 version, or whether it's 0.6-2, but if you are, might be worthwhile installing the 0.6-2 and see if this resolves your problem.....

Aww, what's wrong with all them devel packages :-)

I noticed on LE2005, that kaffeine is still there in the task list, but 0% usage. All I can think is it's like a fast-start for when you launch it again.