problems with restart and touchpad

Guest errenay

Guest errenay

Hello everyone! I installed yesterday my first Linux (Mandriva 2005 LE) on laptop (Gericom Blockbuster, Athlon XP Mobile, Radeon 9000 Mobile). Because I'm "very green" in Linux, I encountered some problems which I couldn't solve:

1. After the restart of the computer (without turning it off completely), during second boot of Linux, system hangs up. I see only "linux loading..." and then nothing - only black screen :( I can't see even progress of system loading. I think it may be connected with ACPI, which I turned on in Lilo during installation of the system.

2. Touchpad behaves sometimes very unstable - instead of "moves" it "taps". Is there any way to change its sensitiveness? I think that necessary drivers are loaded (there is "Synaptics Touchpad" device in a hardware tree).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Guest errenay

Oops, sorry. It was my bad English and some misunderstanding - I can load Linux (or WinXP from the second partition) without any problems during the first boot. But after the restart of the computer and Linux (without turning off the computer completely), during the second boot in row, Linux always hangs up.

And this always happens if this is the second restart of the computer.

I hate that tapping too - it was driving me mad especially when I was typing and I accidentally touched the pad, and it clicked me somewhere else... till I found this:

To disable 'tapping' on the touchpad, you have to manually edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf to include the line: Option "TouchpadOff" "2" in the InputDevice section for the touchpad - see documentation at /usr/share/doc/synaptics-0.14.1/README.