Sync with mobile phone over Bluetooth

I've managed to exchange data with my Bluetooth phone (Samsung SGH-D500) and MDV2005LE without much difficulty.

All I had to do is

urpmi kdebluetooth

(if I remember correctly) and start the kbluetoothd from the menu. Then browsing with konqueror to bluetooth:/ shows the devices and spd:/[mobile phone name] (which you get if you click the device name in the bluetooth:/ results) shows the various connection options: OBEX ftp transfer, OBEX push (or was it pop), BT serial chat, and then some.

But now I would like to synchronise my agenda, address book, etc.

I have seen/found/looked at multisync, and had a look at kitchensync, but I just don't see how I should connect and what programs I should use to access data/sync.

Googling for 'sync bluetooth linux' and variations thereof don't really lead to a clear instructive response.

Note: my phone supposedly uses the syncml standard/protocol, so it should be possible to sync it...

Edited by aRTee

I managed to set up multisync with syncml, but the problem is that my phone doesn't allow to set up the http access stuff - I don't know how the proprietary Samsung windows software syncs, but this syncml expects an http server address and port - which the phone doesn't offer or I don't know how to get it to offer that...

I was just about to start a Q about this very subject, but I think I'll hang back now and earwig on you guys for a while :)

I've gotten to about the same stage as arTEE with my Motorola V3: installed the KDEBluetooth package and can view the services at sdp://myPhoneName/ but no clue where to go from there.

You might want to have a look at this prog:

http://kmobiletools.berlios.de/node/view/19

(You can get a Mandy package of this easily from rpmfind, it is in *some* contrib/cooker repos too)

I got it to 'see' the phone over a cable, but couldn't really get any sync operations happening. So far I've had no joy with Bluetooth and this prog, but I'm only just starting ^_^

The problem I have right now is, supposedly the Bluetooth adapter should be at /dev/rfcomm0, but I don't have this node. It must be there somewhere, since the phone was 'seen' - any thoughts on how I could find the correct device-file?

I tried this kmobiletools (urpmi kmobiletools does the trick, it's in contrib), if you install from the command line you get the instructions to connect - this doesn't work with sdp by the way.

you have to use the mentioned rfcomm command, after which the /dev/rfcomm0 will exist.

Didn't work for me unfortunately...