D-Link 200 Generation II

Guest TysonZ

Guest TysonZ

I have dual booted with XP & Mandrake, I knew my ADSL modem wasnt supported so i thought i wold install Mandrake anyway because i have a backup dialup account only to find my 56k modem isnt supported ethier, very disapointing

I need a D-Link 200 Generation II driver for mandrake

Anyone know where i can get one, or what to do.. :help:

Guest TysonZ

Nope i enter DSL 200

and then it takes me to a page with a phonenumber and adds, Nothing there :P

And on opendrivers all there is, is

# D-link DSL-200 ADSL Modem Driver Mac OS

# D-link DSL-200 ADSL Modem Driver Windows 98/ME/2000/XP :wall:

Guest TysonZ2

That's annoying, My account password wasnt working and wouldnt reset. Anyway im back :S

I dont understand the drivers, I installed it and "where did it go to" i wouldnt know, i didnt realy know what to do so i looked back at the page instuctions and did what it said and it didnt work, no errors no nothing just i cant find where its installed and what to do next, i tryed to run the commands it said but nothing happend.

So, Now can someone tell me how to get my 56K modem to work? i dont want to have to go out and buy another modem thats just stupid.

My 56k is: Modem - PCI SoftV92 Modem

Can anyone tell me how to get that working then.. :o

Guest TysonZ2

Looks like im going to have to buy a new modem.

Just a quick question also, In the ADSL setup when i attempt to setup a connection, It says select your ISP, But it dosent show Australia, Or my ISP so..?)

And, What ADSL modems are supported? So i can go buy a new one..

Edit: I found one that says it supports linux, So im going to buy it tomorrow. Just still wondering about the whole ISP thing, Since mine isnt listed..

Edited by TysonZ2

If you know your ISP settings, you can just enter them manually. I would recommend you get an ethernet router ADSL, since these are better, and means you can have multiple machines accessing the internet at the same time should you expand later. It just means you also need ethernet cards in your machine, but this is quite common these days and usually built onto motherboards and into laptops.

Edited by ianw1974