Boot loader won't install with Mandriva PPC

Guest hfl094

Guest hfl094

I've tried to install Mandriva PPC onto my iMac, and the boot loader does not install properly. I have erased my HD and allowed the installer to automatically partition the drive, so I have no problem there. But when I get to the boot loader installer step, it gives me an error message and I'm not sure what to do. I have a pretty decent understanding of Apple computers, but my knowledge of Linux is at best basic. Any help would be appreciated!

hi there and welcome aboard :)

can you roughly tell us, which kind of error message you got? without knowing the case of the error (=the error message) or a more detailed description of what happened, it is rather hard to give useful advice. ;)

Guest hfl094

It says that there was no bootstrap installed, and that the partition where the bootstrap should be is not formated in Mac HFS. However, I have made a bootstrap partition, so I don't see what the problem is. Should I just try reinstalling it again?