Compile error wlan_ng Mandriva 2005

When compiling (make all) linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre26 it blows off with a :

make[3]: Entering directory '/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-6mdk'

building modules, stage 2

MODPOST

FATAL: parse error in symbol dump file

Anybody know how to fix this?

You're building a new kernel? The correct command are: make clean, make xconfig (or other config options), make, make modules_install, make install.

If you're just building a new module: just type make :) (not make all which is probably building all your kernel modules again)

I guess I wasn't very clear about what it is that I'm trying to do, sorry. I'm trying to get "airfart" working, when I iniate the program it craps out saying "wlanctl_ng is not in you're path". So I've downloaded linux-wlan_ng-0.2.1-pre26.tar.gz to install this pre-requisite for airfart. I can do a ./configure but then the instructions are to do a "make all" and it blows off with the above error during the "make all".

I'm using a "Encore 802.11g Wireless" PCI card which is detected and works using the Wireless Connection option that is Mandrakelinux Control Center.

I've also tried manually loading (modprobe) the Prism P80211 modules included in 2005 but that doesn't solve the problem either.

Any ideas as to what I'm missing?