slocate

Guest woodworker97

Guest woodworker97

Hello....I was wondering if anyone could tell me 1) if slocate is available on 10.1 or where I can download it from 2) and if the security issues have been dealt with. Also about updating the data base. Thanks in advance

Guest woodworker97

Thanks Steve, I had read somewhere on the net about a security issue I guess it was for an older version. Anyway, i tried the urpmi slocate but got nothing (this is from the cmd line correct?). I also ran slocate -c -u and though the cmd took I never saw anything happen and i'm not sure what i'm supposed to see. Could you enlighten me a bit more....Thanks for your help....I'll get there one of these days. :wall:

slocate -c -u will just sit there for awhile and then return you to a prompt if it is successful. Otherwise it would tell you 'bash: slocate command not found'.

And just because I don't know of a security flaw in the current slocate doesn't mean one doesn't exist. :D

Which one had you heard of?

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

Guest woodworker97

Apparently the security issue was for earlier versions of slocate. I wasn't sure what version they were using now. I will try your suggestions when I get a chance. Thanks again for all your help. What would you do without us newbies, lol.

:thanks: