Models and brands of wireless PCMCIA 802.11g card

adolfix

I would like to connect my laptop with mandriva 10.1 to my wireless router 802.11g.

I can do it for Windows with my Hercules wireless G PCMCIA card (model HWGPCMCIA-54). But it does not work with mandriva.

Could any one communicate me the references of cards working well with mandriva 10.1 ?

Thanks in advance.

Is the commercial site procedure the same as the one in the other site ?

I asked this qujestion because i would like to apply a easier method than the one in the madwifi.sf.net site.

Thanks in advance.

No. If you buy a commercial MDV release or join the Club, from v10.1 onwards, all you need to do is install the 'dkms', 'dkms-madwifi' and 'madwifi' packages, then you should be able to configure and use the card normally through drakconnect.

Last month I bought the Power Pack+ (expert) 10.1. Which I use since on a desktop PIII (it is my files server Samba too) and from this week on my laptop.

Buying this package allows me to join the club and benefit of some services like on-line (up-dates...).

Yesterday I bought the D-Link wifi PCMCIA card DWL-G650, I did the up-dates on the laptop from the mandriva site via the on-line services.

The madwifi packages are installed. When I want to create the new connection it does not do it automatically. It proposes me to do it manually. When I choose madwifi drivers several screens appear very fast (I can not even read them) and then it proposes me once again to do it manually.

What do you think I should do now ?

Tanks in advance.

Edited by adolfix

Before joining mandriva on line, I installed Mandriva 10.1 with the DVD. I installed the program madwifi-0.20040913-1mdk. The up to date programs applied friday do not provide new programs or releases for madwifi.

As before applying the up to dates of friday, when I want to install a new connectoin (wifi) via MCC It can not be done automatically, I then do it manually and I can see the two drivers : madwifi and ath_pci. I have tried both, but a series of messages appear very fast that I can not read them. Then the installation process proposes me once again to do it manually.This may be a bug which I have reported to bugzilla today.

The wifi program is installed, the drivers seem to be present, what do you recommend me to do now ?

Has anyone an idea how could I make this card work ?

Thanks in advance.

dkms and dkms-madwifi are installed.

I try to configure the wifi connection on a terminal as root with drakconnect but it does not work. I have the following messages :

FATAL : module ath_pci not found (4 times)

Then it proposed me to select the driver. I selected madwifi and the message I obtained was :

modinfo : could not find module madwifri_pci

FATAL : module madwifi not found. (2 times)

FATAL : module ath_pci not found (4 times)

Does anyone have an idea of what I can try to make this card work ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by adolfix