How does a guy do this..? [solved]

kompact

I did a search but didn't see any posts that address this dirrectly.

I have a font package of 2000 True Type Fonts and want to install them. Where do I put them? On a few websites I visit it looks like they use some MS True Type Fonts and FF replaces then with Sans I believe it is - looks horrible!

I am assuming that if I put hese fonts in the system font dir. then FF will pick up on them when I visit these sites?

Thx :D

you may try to open the kde control center or at console, type kcontrol then go to system then font installer, i've tried installing fonts before that came from windows but i forgot the outcome.... :)

Edited by aioshin

by the way, 'sans' isn't a font that exists, it's a standard font name that by convention should exist on any system and be linked to whatever real sans-serif font the system feels is appropriate. Same goes for 'serif' and 'monotype'. On MDV, the default fonts are the DejaVu family (sans, serif, mono). DejaVu is an extension of Bitstream Vera, which is a high-quality font family released as open source a couple of years ago. DejaVu adds several non-Roman language character sets that Bitstream is missing. Personally I really like Vera / DejaVu, but hey, different strokes :). I force my system to override just about _any_ font to dejavu sans. If you want to get your hands dirty, you can play around with font aliases and such in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf .

Edited by adamw

Ok thx, I will muck around with that. For those who also use FF, if you are willing can you take a quick look here Kr | and tell me how the fonts look?

Under FF in my XP all is slick and smooh but under FF in Linux it is horrible!

As an FYI that is the forums for my CS clan - in case you wondered, which you prob didn't, but hey = }

Edited by kompact

Some of the fonts look fuzzy to me, such as the topic descriptios, under the headers.

Your screenshot looks fine to me, maybe I am just not used to the new fonts yet. Aside from that I really like how Ksnapshot opens when I hit Prt Scr = }

Thx for thaking the time to look at it for me.

Edited by kompact