SnackAmp2.1

Guest Original Name

Guest Original Name

Does anyone have any experience with this program? I'm trying to install it but can't figure out how, I downloaded the Tar.gz file but there is no ./configure script or anything like that. And I also downloaded a single file executable and tried to run that from the command line and the desktop to no avail. Any ideas?

Does it have an INSTALL or README file? There's usually instructions somewhere, if even from the home site.

If it has an autogen.sh you could do

make distclean

./autogen.sh

and completely rebuild from nothing. I only tried this a few times and there was alway some dep/s I didn't want to screw with.

See also if there's a bootstrap

./bootstrap

I've never tried one of these though.

Guest Original Name

Here's the instructions from the web site: I'm not sure what I'm doing

Un-tar the SnackAmp.gz (.tar) files into the lib folder under your existing Tcl/Tk 8.2 or later installation. The files will be untared into a snackAmp folder. I try to make sure these files are in Unix format, but if not run dos2unix on them after untaring. Mark snackAmp.tcl as executable (chmod) and run it either from the desktop or command line. You may have to adjust the first line to adjust the version of wish invoked depending on your installed version of Tcl/Tk. Make sure Tcl/Tk 8.2 or later and snack 2.x are installed first. Don't forget the snack ogg libraries if you want ogg vorbis support.