evolution crashing

multios

I am running evolution 1.4.6 on mandrake 10.0 official. Evolution starts and downloads email ok. However, if I respond to a message or begin a new message, it shuts down. I tried starting evolution from xterm and this is what I get before it starts and when it shuts down:

(evolution:25566): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "galaxy",

(evolution:25566): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "galaxy",

(evolution:25566): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: construct prope rty "type" for object `ESplash' can't be set after construction

evolution: relocation error: /usr/lib/libaspell.so.15: symbol _ZN9__gnu_cxx18__exchange_and_addEPVii, version GLIBCXX_3.4 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

What do I try and fix?

Thanks.

opps, I have 1.4.6 not just 1.4 (if that makes a difference)

Edited by multios

first, does this happen if you are running kde or gnome as desktop? try to reproduce this crash with different themes for your gtk-apps, e.g. switch to "simple" theme. and make sure that you updated your system with easyurpmi for bugfixes.