easyurpmi creates wrong sources for 2005

chris:b

Using easyurpmi (also the MUB version) creates wrong sources which point to an /official/2005 tree on the mirror. Though these dir's do exist, the hdlist.cz and the synthesis.hdlist.cz are outdated/wrong/don't match.

The good sources are all listed on the Mandriva download site, they point to /devel/2005/... and have working hdlists.

Example:

ftp://ftp.belnet.be/packages/mandrakelinu...i586/media/main

Just to let you all know.

At the moment it's quite useless to use easyurpmi to configure/add sources.

--chris

It worked for me, putting aside "updates" which had wrong path for hdlist(but very easily fixable).

when I set up easyurpmi several days ago, 10.2 wasn't there so I just used cooker. works fine. At least with kern source and Nvidia.

Kristi

2005LE - only took me 4 installs to get the nic to work - must be a good release........ And I was cooker current. Damn security.

This is not 'about several days ago' and certainly not about cooker!

Of course cooker is working (but it's not a good idee to add cooker for people who want a stable LE 2005 system), the 2005 main and contrib tree don't work, and that becomes only visable when you are trying to install 'certain' rpm's.