sshd still doesnt work

mikaowx

I have two Mdk 10.1 boxes which had been installed months ago with sshd enabled on them.

Sshd was working at the beginning on both macines. I could login from any other boxes.

Then I set http service up on both.

Since those services have to be running to serve clients from the internet I decided to use draksec to make them more secure.

Now I cant connect to any of these boxes even if I set security level to low and have iptables emptied.

What went wrong?

Has anyone had similar experience?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

try to check you logs in the server that you want to connect to, those time that you've tried to established ssh connection. so you may know what was happening during that time..

try to check also the /etc/hosts.allow if there's an entry there that specify sshd to accept to a particular ip only... and also, try to check if sshd service is up :)

Here's the only entry I've found in /var/log/auth.log

Apr 1 10:12:20 mooo sshd[4438]: Received signal 15; terminating.

Apr 1 10:12:21 mooo sshd[4500]: Server listening on 192.168.200.10 port 22.

Other logs just wont show any valuable info about what happened.

The interesting thing is, I havent changed anything in the configuration files since it has been working.

I am therefore suspecting something is wrong with draksec or the way it handles file permissions.

I'll try to set the original values of permissions on files back to normal manually.

Would someone with a working sshd post me the listing of /etc/sshd and its contents, file and directory permissions?

I would also need the orig perm of /etc/sshd directory itself.

Thanks in advance