JVC miniDV and Mandrake

pestekkorna

Hi!

I have a jvc mini dv grd70 and I would like to export some videos I recorded on my PC. I can connect the cam to the PC via USB. When I try to access to the memory card in the cam, there are no problems... I can see the icon on the desktop and everything works fine. but when I launch Kino and I try to control the camera in play mode, nothing works and it's like the pc can't "see" my cam.

Is there something I should do?

Thanks you a lot in advance and have a nice day!

peste

PS. I'm running a mandrake 10.2 rc2 (AKA limited edition 2005) on P4 3.0Ghz - 512Mb RAM :)

USB? I think you have to connect via FireWire (a.k.a IEEE1394, a.k.a. iLink).

I just downloaded some video today from my Panasonic cam, using a FireWire cable and dvgrab (part of the standard 10.0 distro, if I recall correctly).

USB? I think you have to connect via FireWire (a.k.a IEEE1394, a.k.a. iLink).

thank you for the answer... with the cam I only had the USB cable and on Windows I used to connect it to the pc via USB. In the picture on the link you can see my cam. I use the USB port (the first one on the high side).

http://fa.rossoalice.it/preview_fa1/pe/es/...87de7bbf3d8.jpg

should I use the other one?

I installed kino and dvgrab but for the moment nothing works, of course...

thank you again!

:)

peste

... I use the USB port (the first one on the high side). should I use the other one? ...

Yes. The port with the "DV" and the stylised "i" logo next to it is the FireWire (iLink) port. You will need to use this to download the video with dvgrab.

Of course, you will need the right cable, and a FireWire port on your computer, too.