Won't boot windows after installation

toxic

Hey.

I have two harddisk, one where I have installed WinXP, and another where I have just installed Mandrake 10.1. My problem is when I start my computer I can choose 4 different ways to get into linux but I can’t choose to go into windows. How can I fix this so I can get into windows again? Another thing is how can I remove some of the other options so I only can choose linux and windows when I start op my computer.

Hope someone can help me :D

1. How to add Windows option while booting from Lilo. Also see the point 2 before doing this.

You have to edit the lilo or grub config file. If its lilo loader (which i have).

It may be in /etc folder. see for lilo.conf file, and edit the file to include these lines

other=/dev/hda1

label="windows"

table=/dev/hda

I am assuming windows is in hda.

2. How to remove old versions of linux kernels or labels:

Please dont follow this without some moderator or other experienced user approve this.

I will go to System configuration tool to invoke configure your computer, and then choose boot, and then bootloader. In that whatever (you may see lilo with graphical menu), say Next and then you can see the window where you can remove or add bootmenu options.

You can also add the windows booting option here, instead of editing the lilo.conf file. If you are editing the lilo.conf using editors like emacs, you have to run lilo to reconfigure or save the settings you modified. Here I think all will be taken care of by the Configuration tool by itself.

Hope it helps you.

Sooner.