Cups, double sided printing and windows

phunni

My printer is connected to a computer that runs CUPS and shares the printer with all the machines on the network. Most of my other computers run windows - althoguh I occasionally boot into Linux on one of them - mostly just for fun.

Anyway, I believe I have double sided printing set up on the CUPS server, and I certainly have it configured on my windows client - butit never prints out double sided!

The printer is an HP 5550 which can do the double sided thing (kind of anyway - it tells you to turn all the papaer over half way through...)

When I try to print in windows, a dialog box comes up telling me to click continue when the printing has finished on one side and I've turned al lthe sheets over - only the print never starts until I press continue and then it just prints it all out - all one sided.

Being someone who does occasionally think about the environment (and who wants to save money on paper!) I'd really like to figure this out...

Oh - and the printer is not shared via samba - windows connects directly to CUPS...

[moved from Software by spinynorman]