How to setup a wireless internet connection

Frederick

Hi all,

I recently bought a new HP Pavillion dv5000 laptop which comes with a Broadcom BCM94306 wireless adapter and i have trouble configuring all the options in the MCC.

I enter my network name and key, but the other parameters are criptic and i am a bit lost.

I am using a router, but when connected to it via ethernet, everything works just fine.

I was wondering if there is a better method than the mcc to set up your wireless (I am not afraid of the command line).

Also, eventhough I told mandrake (10.2 Beta2) to start the WLAN card at boot, it does not seem to do it (I have also named ndiswrapper -needed for my card- to be loaded at boottime in /etc/modules).

Ndiswrapper is installed and working, both eth0 and the WLAN are activated. Do I have to remove eth0 if i want to use the wlan?

Thanks.

Take a look at this thread: http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=14972. It has a lot of info about getting ndiswrapper and all its extra bits and bobs working properly. It helped me no end.