Mandrake Boot Loader

Guest kennygair

Guest kennygair

Hi

I have removed a previous install of Mandrake v9 from my older Xp/Mandrake Dual boot machine. I would like to remove the boot loader form the system and leave only XP as I have reoved Mandrake but I am unable to find the relevant files to delete them without having to reformat the HDD. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Like Anon posted you can use a Windows bootdisk and fdisk /MBR. That will take care of anything left over in your mbr. If you haven't got a bootdisk right now, a realy easy way to get one is to head over to www.bootdisk.com. They have one or two available there.

Guest kennygair

Hi

I finally got around to fixing this problem and thanks for your help however I found the best way to correct the master boot record was just to boot from my instalation CD Rom, once setup was loaded press r to repair and use the prompt fixmbr as fdisk is not a recognised command.

I hope this is useful to anyone with the same problem. Thanks again for putting me in the right direction.

:D